Lately, I feel like Obama has been putting his professional opinion towards his not so specialized field…..pop culture. This week Obama was featured commenting on his thoughts towards Kanye West for a second time, calling him a “Jackass” in a public interview, then was interviewed last week after making a comment that The Masters club should allow the membership as women as well as men.
Not to disrespect our President in any way, but has this always been normal for presidents to comment on pop culture and I just didn’t notice it or is this a new thing with the Obama administration? I don't know about you, but when I invision the President’s lifestyle, I don’t see there being much time to worry about anything but the worldly affairs, economic disasters, and threats of war from other countries. I understand that the President works very hard but I feel like the saying “Work Hard. Play Hard.” Refers to them playing after they are out of office.
That point aside. I wonder if anyone else finds it unprofessional and unnecessary for Obama to be calling Kanye West a “Jackass” not once, but twice to interviewers and the public. Not that I think it is going to cause him a lot of grief or present a big crisis where everyone is offended, but I feel as if the President is someone that every person should be able to look up to at any time. He has two young daughters, and I’m sure he understands that someone in such a high status job, can have a lot of influence no matter what he is saying. Even if Kanye West does deserve comments like that, I feel as though comments from the President on unimportant matters can make it seem to other countries that his real profession is not always his first priority.
No comments:
Post a Comment