It’s that time of year when not only is does school seem to occupy the vast majority of student’s time but add the process of applying for jobs and internships and then anxiety levels at The University of Texas are skyrocketing. It’s one thing to have to worry about the grades you will get on your upcoming four tests in the next four days, but to have to worry about the job that may pave way for your future is a completely different story. This, I am currently experiencing first hand.
I’m beginning to see the importance and great amount of stress put on interviews. While resumes list your credentials and a little insight into what you have put your hard work toward, each company I have interviewed with has been more interested in the way I communicate both verbally and written than my actual past experience.
Research has been my best friend throughout the process (Jeff and Brittany would be happy to hear this). I feel if you know the company and what the position entails, you are able to be more confident in both yourself and how your accomplishments apply to the job.
Overall, I have found applying for internships to be a LONG waiting game. Considering I began the process in December and have finally reached the final rounds in February, I’d consider this to be a long awaited decision. Maybe it’s just my type of personality… I like to know my test grade right after I take it or have to know what a surprise is as soon as I find out there is actually a surprise.
So for all of you stressing and waiting for your future to be unveiled, remember you have prepared for this moment in time and everything happens for a reason. As for me, I will try and remind myself of this too.
No comments:
Post a Comment